Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 105

Thread: Are there any dolls you DON'T like?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    originally posted by Melissa:
    The Elizabeth doll is one doll where I think the skintone and hair don't match (just from photos I've seen), which might be the problem.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with you. Even though the biggest reason why I don't like the doll is because they completely changed her from the original books, I don't think she's a very pretty doll in her own right, either. And as I said before, I like all the other blonde dolls, so it's odd for me to dislike Elizabeth so much. Something just looks "off" about her overall look to me but it's been hard for me to put a finger on it. I think you hit the nail on the head about the tones of her hair and skin just not looking good together. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #52
    Inactive Member lacherig's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2005
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've never liked Samantha. I like her stories, but the doll just strikes me as a spoiled little girl. I also think she's boring. As someone else mentioned, there are so many Victorian-inspired dolls that the last thing I want is to see another one.

    I also don't like Lindsey. I've never read her story, so I'm not sure if that would make me like her more. But, I've seen her once and I thought she was kind of ugly.

  3. #53
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love them ALL, especially #11. She is awesome and my absolute favorite! That is why I own four, and will buy more. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #54
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:
    I think most of the people on this board are above that. I understand that there are people who would think that way, but I don't think, from these types of threads, that there are many people like that on this board. Reading over what I said, I think I sort of contradicted myself. What I meant was that some people are going to dislike Samantha as she is the most popular, but not BECAUSE she's the most popular, instead because AG acknowledges her popularity and ignores the other, less popular, girls.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very true!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I would just like to add the ONE thing I like about Elizabeth though.
    the ringlets in her hair. Are they called ringlets? I don't know, but the little curled hairs are cute. I think that's the only nice thing I can say about her.

    I do wish she had brown hair though.......

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 25, 2006 01:03 PM: Message edited by: omitsallspaces ]</font>

  5. #55
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to add one thing about blond dolls (because I think I was the first that posted they aren't my favorite! [img]redface.gif[/img] ), the reason I don't like them as much is because I am not blond. It has nothing more to do with it than that. I grew up in Utah were many many little girls were blond, and me, being half Jewish, have dark features. I always wished there was a Jewish girl, and because of that I've never gotten a blond.

    Larson is my brother's doll, mine all have dark hair. I loved that Lindsey was a Jewish doll, and got her because I think she is adorable, but was a little put off that she had blue eyes. I've grown to love her look though!

    It's not that I don't think they are pretty dolls, they just don't relate to me as well.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Elizabeth doll is one doll where I think the skintone and hair don't match (just from photos I've seen), which might be the problem.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. She looks very washed out, as has already been said. Her hair and skin are almost the exact same color, and then she's got those fairly light eyes. Kirsten's and Kit's skin always seems slightly darker, and like it contrasts, but looks natural, with the hair, whereas Elizabeth, her skin and hair just blend together. I still think she's a pretty doll, but I wish AG had put a bit more effort into her. On that line, It'd be interesting for AG to make a doll of a girl with albinism. That would be quite different.

    I agree with you, but you have to understand that there are some people that will always dislike something just because it's popular. Not everyone of course, but it does happen.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think most of the people on this board are above that. I understand that there are people who would think that way, but I don't think, from these types of threads, that there are many people like that on this board. Reading over what I said, I think I sort of contradicted myself. What I meant was that some people are going to dislike Samantha as she is the most popular, but not BECAUSE she's the most popular, instead because AG acknowledges her popularity and ignores the other, less popular, girls.

  7. #57
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to add one thing about blond dolls (because I think I was the first that posted they aren't my favorite! ), the reason I don't like them as much is because I am not blond. It has nothing more to do with it than that. I grew up in Utah were many many little girls were blond, and me, being half Jewish, have dark features. I always wished there was a Jewish girl, and because of that I've never gotten a blond.

    Larson is my brother's doll, mine all have dark hair. I loved that Lindsey was a Jewish doll, and got her because I think she is adorable, but was a little put off that she had blue eyes. I've grown to love her look though!

    It's not that I don't think they are pretty dolls, they just don't relate to me as well.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I find this ironic, because I was adopted into a Jewish family. My coloring (even though I have brown eyes) is fairly pale, and I have dirty blonde hair that I really HAVE to highlight blonde. My natural color looks oily-and my skin tone won't go with dark hair.

    I always was jealous of the "Jewish" dark hair/olive skin look that all my friends had and my parents friends had. Its one of those cases you want what you can't have.

    Looking around my dolls-I have 11, and except for Kirsten, AG 24 and 21, they are all dark hair or red hair (which is where I am putting Nellie.) Maybe it comes for the love of dark hair [img]smile.gif[/img]

    -Jordyn

  8. #58
    Inactive Member AGcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2006
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm hopeless! I haven't seen an AG yet that I don't like... I want 'em all!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #59
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't like the AGOT collections. Not that I think the dolls are not cute, they are. But the clothes/acccessories... they're nothing special to me...

    I'm just a sucker for vintage and antiques, so that's probably why. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Out of the historicals I would have say Elizabeth is my least favorite. I also don't like Nellie that much.

  10. #60
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    I really do not care for Kirsten, Addy,and Kaya.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •